All you need to know about CCTV cameras – Find out more about CCTV and the use of burglar alarms in the article below
CCTV cameras have been the subject of many discussions, most of them revolving around the idea of security and privacy in public spaces. But how much of that is true and how much is invention?
First of all, CCTV. also known as closed-circuit television, has been around since the 1950’s. Nowadays, they represent a million-dollar industry and continue to reinvent themselves. Let’s take a look at the public sectors that use CCTV on a daily basis…
Who needs CCTV?
Apart from home monitoring systems, these are the sectors that rely on the use of CCTV:
- Production industry
What are the myths regarding CCTV cameras?
- CCTV cameras are too expensive – the cost actually depends on quality, accessories and other factors.
- CCTV is unproven – CCTV cameras are everywhere and are being used for video and feed surveillance
- Transferring videos overloads the network – it is more an issue of storage space and providers.
- CCTV is not safe – the services provided by CCTV is authorized, they have authentication filters and privacy protection.
- CCTV is not reliable – this is strictly connected to the internet connection.
CCTV cameras can be really useful for the safety and protection of citizen everywhere. When they follow certain authentication filters and respect the privacy of others, they can be a great tool for society. However, a lot of people tend to see them as intrusive and fall for generally-accepted misconceptions. But when you get the facts straight, you can start taking advantage of all the benefits they have to offer.
If you want to make the most out of your CCTV camera, look for a professional provider in your area of Burlington, Rutland and Vermont today!