Do you know how to use fire protection in the workplace? – Find out more about how to prevent fire damage at the office in the article below
Safety should always come first… we all know that but do we really understand what it takes to make it happen as well? Fire protection is important no matter the place. If you are a business owner, you probably know the rules and regulations that come with fire protection guidelines.
But what about your employees? Are they aware of all the safety rules they need to follow at the workplace? No matter what type of business you run, you need to make sure that fire protection is on your top priority list.
Take a look at the tips below to help you and your staff stay safe:
- Make sure you keep the work area free from anything that can easily catch fire such as waste paper or trash.
- Check your electrical cords and replace them if a cord is damaged in any way. Another important thing you can do is to make sure you don’t lay cords in places where they can be stepped on.
- Make sure you don’t overload your circuits.
- Remember to turn off all electrical appliances when the work day is over.
- Make sure you keep heat producing equipment away from anything that might burn, like copiers, coffee makers, computers and so on.
What to do if fire protection fails?
There are several important things you can do in case a fire breaks out. The first logical thing you should do is to call emergency and follow all the instructions you receive. Secondly, close all doors when you exit to help limit the spread of smoke and fire throughout the building. Also, you need to make sure you don’t use elevators during an evacuation and follow the escape plan.
For more information on fire protection tactics and equipment, contact your local provider in Rutland, Vermont and Burlington, today!